What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text file, a code, or a software element that saves information relating the browsing history and pattern of your terminal on the Internet. It is under the control of your internet browser, and sometimes carries a unique and random number. You can read it, destroy it, or modify it.
Michelin is always seeking new ways to better it’s or its Internet website(s) and to offer you, the internet user, a better service and experience. Thus, Michelin uses different types of cookies as indicated hereafter that can warrant the preliminary consent of the internet user (commercial type cookies) before the cookie is installed on its terminal.
How does Michelin notify you of the cookies it uses?
When you access for the first time the www.michelinclassic.com web site, the legal notice of the site will refer you to a page that will give you all information on the cookies that are installed and used by this site.
In any case, you have the control of these cookies. Therefore, you have the possibility to refuse or destroy them.
How to block and/or remove cookies
a. On a computer
You can uninstall these cookies in two ways.
On the one hand, you can consult the cookies already installed on your terminal through the use of your browser, and delete them one by one by type of cookies as indicated in the banner or all at once.
- Apple Safari Browser: “Confidentiality” section in the « Preferences » menu, provided section for “Cookies and other data of Internet websites”.
- Google Chrome Browser: “Confidentiality” section in the « Parameters» menu, « Content Parameters» subsection, provided section for « Cookies and website data».
- Internet Explorer Browser: “Tools” menu, then “Internet Options” section, then “General” then “Browser history”, then “Parameters”, then open the “Parameters of temporary internet files and history” window, and finally, “Display files”.
- Mozilla Firefox Browser: “Tools” menu, “Options” section, “Privacy” subsection, “Delete specific cookies” functionality.
On the other hand, you can manually delete the cookies by undertaking the following steps
- Go on your computer folder, select C:\ in the Windows folder,
- Open the “Temporary Internet Files” folder and select all files (CTRL+A).
- Choose the “delete” option.
Furthermore, you can program your Internet browser to block or receive a warning for all installations of cookies on your terminal. The steps to follow differ for each type of browser, but you can find instructions in the “Help” section of the latter. The programming of your browser can be carried out independently on each of the terminals that you use in order to access Michelin web sites.
b. On a smartphone or tablet
You can uninstall these cookies according to the following methods:
- Android Browser : Open your "Home" screen, Tap your web browser icon, Tap the "Menu" button, Tap the "Settings", Your device will either take you to a menu of available settings OR it will have one of the three following options. Tap on the option you have: Privacy & Security, Privacy, Security option Tap on "Clear Cache" ,Tap "OK" to confirm, Tap "Clear all cookie data" Tap "OK" to confirm, Click the "Home" button to go back to your "Home" Screen Restart your device by turning it off and then on again.
- Google Chrome Browser: On your browser toolbar, click “the Chrome menu” Click “More tools” and “Clear browsing data” In the box that appears, click the checkboxes for "Cookies and other site and plug-in data" and "Cached images and files." Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Choose “beginning of time” to delete everything. Click “Clear browsing data”.
- Apple iOS 8: Click the "Home" button, Tap the "Settings" button, Scroll down to "Safari", Tap on "Clear History and Website Data". You will receive a warning message. Tap on "Clear History and Data" to confirm, Click the "Home" button to go back to your "Home" Screen, Restart your device by turning it off and then on again.
The uninstalling or the blocking of cookies used on the Michelin websites could affect, or even prevent you from using these websites.
What types of cookies does Michelin use?
Cookies can be temporary, and only last for the duration of your browsing session on the website, or can be permanent, i.e. a longer lifespan according to the span that is attributed and the parameters of your internet browser. Numerous types of different cookies exist, of which we can set in four groups defined hereafter.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly necessary cookies are cookies that are indispensable due to the fact that the functionality of the website is contingent on their existence. Their deactivation will cause important difficulties for using the site, or even the impossibility to use the services that it proposes. The strictly necessary cookies do not conserve information once you leave the site. They permit, for example, to identify the terminals to dispatch the communication, to assign numbers to the data “packets” in order to dispatch them in the requested order, and to detect transmission errors or data loss.
- Functional cookies
Functional cookies are used exclusively for providing an electronic communication service at the request of the internet user. If these cookies are uninstalled, providing this service will be rendered impossible.
The information is conserved beyond your browsing session on the internet website, and can be transmitted to partners, uniquely for means of supplying provisions necessary to the services. These can be, for example, cookies that save the preferences of the user such as language preference of the user, cookies that save a “user session”, or cookies that provide a “virtual shopping basket”.
- Analytics and audience measurement cookies
The audience measurement cookies help to recognize visitors of the website across their different visits. These cookies only stock an internet user’s ID (specific to each cookie) and is in no case used to collect nominative information belonging to the visitors. These cookies save the pages visited by the user, the duration of each visit, and the error messages encountered; all of which can help to enables a performance increase of the Michelin internet websites.
The analytics cookies can be installed and managed by partners; however, Michelin limits their use to the ends of the analytical statistics demanded.
STRICTLY NECESSARY AND FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
|social_fre-FR||Michelin||Saving user preferences when depositing cookies||1 year|
|tracking_FRE-FR||Michelin||Saving user preferences when depositing cookies||1 year|
|idrxvr||AT Internet||Statistical monitoring of the site||13 month|